How do I join?
- Fill out, sign and return the Membership Form (pdf). We have combined the FGCU payroll deduction form with the UFF-FGCU membership form in one file for your convenience.
- Contact Erik Insko, Membership Chair with any questions you may have.
What are the benefits of union membership?
- Support throughout the grievance process. Non-members are not eligible for grievance representation.
- A stronger voice on your own behalf; we are stronger together than alone.
- Liability coverage up to $1 million and access to attorney representation and advice.
- Meet colleagues in other units, fellowship of other academics with your same issues. See upcoming meetings.
- Access to discounts on: life, disability, auto, and homeowners insurance, investment accounts and credit cards, mortgage and line of credit programs, and consumer discounts.
How does UFF-FGCU represent my interests as a faculty member?
- UFF negotiates the entire Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) at the local level every three years and negotiates selected topics every year.
- UFF enforces that the CBA is interpreted and followed as intended.
- UFF works collaboratively with administration and other faculty governance structures like Senate to review new policies before implementation. The Senate is a strong and important faculty governance group on our campus. However, it cannot negotiate on behalf of faculty, nor can it advocate for individual or group faculty rights as related to salary, benefits, and conditions of employment—as is our charge. We work with the Senate, but have separate functions.
- Speaks up for your interests at the table, on committees, and to administration.
- Provides advice and counsel to Provost, President, BOT; we are a recognized voice, backed by law and contract.
- UFF represents you at the state and national level and works to protect higher education interests, quality, funding, faculty rights, local decision-making, and academic freedom before the Florida Legislature, the Florida Cabinet, the US Congress and other agencies.
How do I cancel my membership?
- We hope you don’t, but if you are a current UFF member and would like to resign, here is the Resignation Form (pdf).